The effect of aging and gravity can lead you to lose volume around the corners of the mouth causing a downturn smile. This will cause an appearance of frowning, sad or angry when you are not. Termed as downturn smile, if this issue has bothered you too much, then you have to look at professional beauty procedures. Filler treatments performed by expert aestheticians will help to upturn your smile, leaving you looking happier instead.
Which is the Best Way to Eliminate a Downturn Smile?
Few people will have the issue of a downturned smile even when they are at rest giving a sad or frowned effect regardless of his emotion. The corner of the mouth is pulled down by the muscle called depressor angular orris. It is a triangular-shaped muscle with its foundation placed through the border of the jaw and the apex adjacent to the commissural corner. Collagen production is decreased mainly due to aging and hyaluronic acid (HA) affects the skin tone leading to loss of muscle stiffness. These factors contribute to decreasing subcutaneous fat getting reabsorbed and there will be a reduction in the bone support. There are some other factors like smoking, long exposure to sun rays, and environmental factors that enhance the aging process and loosening of skin.
Use of fillers like Botox and Dysport by experienced aesthetic injectors leads to muscle relaxation and reversal of commissural corners offering a more genuine appearance. Experienced aesthetic experts may combine the procedure with other dermal fillers like Restylane, Juvéderm, or perlane to offer extra support to this region and enhance the natural structure of the downturn smile.
How Do Fillers Work?
Botox and Dysport are botulinum toxins injections that aid in reducing wrinkles within no time after the injections. These fillers initiate the process by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles letting it relax and decreasing or fading off the wrinkles. This medication works within 2 to 5 days of the injection and the results generally remain for around 3 months. Due to the quick completion, this procedure is usually termed as a lunchtime appointment as it takes only 15 to 30 minutes with a capability to return to routine work as soon as possible. The most regularly treated regions include horizontal forehead lines, crows’ feet, lines between the eyebrows and the corners of the mouth (downturn smile). There many uses of these fillers that are dependent on the number of dosages that are given to the precise issues. The fillers are different from Botox and Dysport which emphasize enhancing the skin stiffness mirroring the bone, fat, and deeper skin layers. The results are visible soon after the treatment and last for around 3 months depending on the experience of the injectors, type of fillers used, and the region of treatment. The majority of fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid that is naturally produced in the body and termed to be safer with very minimal cases of people having any allergic reactions. But there are some instances of adverse reactions mainly due to the inexperience of the injector in the way they inject, or the wrong dosage of fillers.
How is the Procedure for a Downturn Smile Performed?
There will be a comprehensive study of the precise skin condition, skin tone, mobility, and the region of muscle relaxation is taken into consideration. A complete assessment is commenced to confirm the suitability for the procedure. Patients will be explained about all the procedure actions and options to make a proper decision on which should be the best method of treatment. The areas to be treated are marked accurately and the right dosage of fillers are injected into the region. Additional fillers may be used along with a combination if there are any additional issues to be treated.
What Results Should You Expect From Your Downturned Smile Filler Rejuvenation Treatment?
- There will be immediately visible results around the mouth after the procedure with a small amount of swelling in the region. This swelling will fade off in some time.
- Many experts make use of additional treatments to add volume to other parts of the face and compliment this treatment. There may be additional issues around the mouth like fine lines between mouth and cheeks that may influence and enhance the effect of downturn smile might require the help of fillers.
- The results continue to improve for around 2 to 3 weeks after the completion of the procedure. The aesthetic experts may suggest a second session of this procedure by analyzing various aspects like result effect, skin type, and condition at that period. The amount of correction will be dependent on the expectations of the patient and the degree of outcomes accomplished by the first treatment.
- The results of this treatment are dependent on several aspects as mentioned above and periodic sessions may be needed.
- It is always suggested to associate with a reliable aesthetic expert who makes use of genuine products and authorized treatment techniques. They will accurately combine other fillers and treatments to maximize the skin rejuvenation procedure.
Pain and Recovery Time:
As it is rightly said, this will be a lunchtime appointment and minimal or no downtime makes it an awesome option. There will be minimal bruising or bleeding as needles prick the skin surface and get faded off in a few days. Expert injectors will make use of advanced cannulas to inject the fillers that will decrease the effects of bruising. There will be some amount of pricking feel near the treatment region which will be negated by using a numbing cream if you are worried too much about the effects. You will be assured of getting accurate treatment for your issues.
If you seriously want to eliminate the downturn smile, then associate with an expert injector like Hillary Taggart. She has helped numerous clients reverse their poor results from other providers, then redo the work to have a more natural, beautiful look.