Botox and Dysport are both globally widespread products for resolving several skin problems. These injectable drugs relax the facial muscles to fade off the frown lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, and forehead lines. Botox is employed in the U.S.A for more than two decades and is a well-known product When compared to Dysport. But Dysport also has been used highly in recent years after its FDA approval in 2009 and ability to offer similar benefits as Botox. When these two cosmetic injections Botox and Dysport are compared, there is a major question that people ask; Which is stronger – Botox or Dysport?
About Botox and Dysport:
Botox and Dysport are botulinum toxins that aid in reducing wrinkles after some days of their injection. These two compounds work by blocking the nerve signal to the muscles, letting the muscle relax thereby reducing or removing the skin issues like wrinkles. The injections start showing the effect in 2-5 days of injection and results are sustained for 3 months in general. The complete treatment schedule generally takes only 15-30 minutes with the ability to go back to routine tasks immediately. The most generally treated regions are in between the eyebrows, usually known as the “11” lines, the horizontal forehead lines, and the crows’ feet.
Botox is a naturally derived toxin that blocks nerve signals to the target muscles, resulting in a more relaxed and smoother appearance. Botox was started 20 years ago in the US market, with usage from aesthetic experts. Botox injections are administered in the doctor’s office and need minimal or no downtime. Your doctor will initially ensure to reduce any discomfort by applying a topical anesthetic over the target region. Botox is generally employed in treating small target regions or fine lines. The total number of units required will be reliant on the area to be treated and the impact of skin issues like wrinkles. Botox Salt Lake City it shows results after a more prolonged time than Dysport but also last longer for around 6 months after which repeated sessions will be needed to maintain results.
Dysport is a similar neuromodulator like Botox that is derived from the botulinum toxin and works identically by paralyzing the target muscles temporarily. As the muscles relax, wrinkles that are developed by frequent muscular contractions are reduced. Dysport is injected beneath the skin to work on moderate to severe issues of wrinkles and is not usually used for fine lines. The 11 lines between the eyebrows are usually severe wrinkles on the face that makes Dysport suited to treat the region. Dysport is a temporary answer for skin issues like Botox. Results will show earlier but last only for 3 months after which follow-up sessions will be needed to maintain a similar look.
While both products are employed for treating identical skin issues and are chemically similar, there are some important differences between the two. These subtle changes are so crucial that it will be beneficial for patients to get accurate treatments and results.
Concentration between Dysport and Botox is different:
- Dysport has a more diluted form than Botox because Dysport employs minor protein molecules to stimulate muscle relaxation. These minor proteins will not be broken down by antibodies, which is the reason for its fast results in the target region.
- These differences in Concentration are helpful to treat large regions of the body as Dysport tends to spread swiftly and fade off the skin issues like wrinkles, crow’s feet, and frown lines. Studies have also shown that Dysport has shown positive results when wrinkles are treated for larger regions.
- If a certain number of Botox units is used to treat a target region on an individual, they will probably require to increase the number of units when using Dysport or vice versa. However, this highly diluted concentration does not imply that Dysport is not as effective as Botox. It indicates that a higher portion of Dysport is required to get a similar type of outcome. If you look at these products by unit, the cost per unit of Dysport is usually much less than the price per unit of Botox, but to achieve a similar result the final cost will be similar.
- Dysport tends to diffuse easily than Botox, making it spread to a broader region after its injections. This implies that a larger treatment region can be resolved in fewer injections, making it beneficial when addressing larger treatment regions. But this diffusion implies that Dysport is not so impactful in treating smaller regions as higher accuracy is required in regions with greater muscle thickness.
Botox and Dysport have different molecular weights:
- Along with composition differences between Dysport and Botox, Botox also has lower inconsistency in molecular weight. Botox has a steady molecular weight of 900 Kilodaltons but Dysport has more inconsistency in the protein dimensions employed to distribute its active components.
- This inconsistency is also responsible for inducing a key change between the two injectables. Dysport tends to diffuse easily across a bigger surface region after the injection, which again implies that a smaller number of injections are sufficient to get the desired results.
- But this steady consistency in Botox molecular weight implies that it can be employed more confidently across target locations like the “11” between the eyebrows. Botox is also helpful for precise regions around the mouth and beneath the eyes.
Both Botox & Dysport are developed from identical bacteria and have similar characteristics. But experts suggest that Botox gives stiffer and tends to give a more frozen look in comparison. Dysport tends to show results much earlier with a subtle or natural appearance. But the precise usage of these compounds is done depending on the severity of the issues. Hence you have to be careful in choosing an expert injector like Dr. Hillary Taggart who can help you to get accurate results. She is an experienced master injector and is capable of aiding you to get natural-looking outcomes.